We know what love is because Jesus gave his life for us. That’s why we must give our lives for each other.
(1 John 3:16 – CEV)
One of the greatest stories about friends in the Bible is about David and Jonathan. Their relationship was deep and binding. Some of you may ask about what friendship is or how to have a good friendship. God has provided a good example for us from which we can learn some tips as given below.
HOW TO BE A SOUL MATE a là “DJ” (David-Jonathan) in the Bible:
1. LOVE must be the foundation of relationship (1 Sam. 18:1).
2. BE LOYAL to each other. (1 Sam. 18:2; 20:7)
3. Be TRUSTWORTHY by keeping the secret safe. (1 Sam. 19:4-5; 20:38-39)
4. Be PEACE-LOVING. Avoid quarrel or fighting. (1 Sam. 19:6-7)
5. Let GOD BE THE CENTER. (1 Sam. 20:12-15, 23, 42)
“LORD, thank you for giving me a good example to treat my friends. Please help me to be a good soul mate like David and Jonathan. May your love be our shield and your words be our concern as we live to love others. Amen.”
Photo Credit: nogalautoday.web.id